So I love Carrie Fletcher (aka Itswaypastmybedtime) and recently I went through all her videos and watched them again... for the third time... and remembered her blog - alliknownow.com.
I read a few of her posts, but the one that really caught my attention was 'Unrealistic' from the 9th of June, wherein she discussed the social barriers of dreams and realities and which path is suitable to take.
It forced me to realize just how horrid the real world is and how much we get put down about it.
I love singing, acting and writing, but I've been taught my whole life that these aren't the right career paths and that I should get more involved in medicine and physiology and psychology.
But I don't want to and I don't care. And that's good. I guess.
Who cares if your likes and dislikes are different to those around you? I want you to go out and chase what makes you happy, go along the bumpy road of life until you finally reach it and keep it.
You want to sing? Sing!
You want to dance? Dance!
You want to be a doctor? Be a freaking doctor! It's really that simple.
I'm not saying the way there will be easy, I mean where's the fun in that? (Who would want to skip to the end of the book without reading the middle? You'd just get lost) but the choice to take a way there is easy, because you're making that choice and that choice will make you happy.
The only one stopping you from chasing what you truly want, is you. Let loose the metaphorical chains of your life and strive toward greatness, because the only person who can ever truly stop you is yourself.
Don't give up and don't give in. Give it all you've got and strive for what makes you happy.
Because you can and you will and you'll be happier because of it.
Love to bits and back,
Everything and Anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment