Hello Blogiverse (I don't care if it's not a thing, I'm making it a thing),
So recently I started talking to this guy. He's funny, nice, sweet, an apology whore and has good taste in music. All was going well until I asked the fatal question;
Do you read?
And what would he reply with but;
Yes. Pictures.
I think my heart dropped to the pit of my stomach.Will there never be a guy who reads and who I'll meet in my lifetime? Every. Single. Guy. I know doesn't read. Why is this? Why doesn't he read?
No matter, I will continue to talk to this non-reading person whom in which I have nada in common with. You never know, maybe I can broaden his horizons and help him indulge in the sweet new alternate universe of a half decent book.
So, I've only been blogging for a few days - maybe a week now - and what I've come to notice is... I actually prefer blogging over writing. Which is absolutely insane since I love writing for its creativity and its ability to lure me into a whole new universe. Whereas blogs are a way to look into someone elses lives, or - depending on the writer - your own. Nothing in common, except, you know, the fact of actual writing. But that obviously doesn't count.
Books, books, and more books. I think I may be breaching insanity, borderline BOOKS!
Does that even make sense? I don't know, because I'm too indulged in freaking books. I'm in the process of reading Beautiful Darkness, but honestly I couldn't be arsed. I have so many, many books awaiting my seeking eyes, yet my pride is determined to finish Beautiful Darkness before I start on the others. Despite this distinct fact I still - accidentally! - started reading To Kill a Mockingbird, since I got it the other day and I felt unusually intellectual reading it in public, although I felt unable to concentrate with all the wondering eyes looking from a punk rock teenage girl to the old classic novel she had in her dry, unvarnished finger nails.
I honestly cannot wait to start with World War Z since I want to read it before I see the movie, but I want to see the movie soon, but I have to finish Beautiful Darkness before I start on World War Z. Do you see my dilemma?!
Love to bits and back,
Everything and Anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment