Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Mixed Emotions on a Stunningly New Debut

The Fault in Our Stars.
Is it safe to say it may be a literacy rebellion on the typical 'happily ever after' ending? I loved it with a pathetic passion and a pitiful pleasure.
The only thing I didn't like about the book? Everyone was reading it. It really turned me off it, because, to me, if someone with half a brain cell and someone who wears smaller clothes then she reads books can appreciate it... How good can it be, really?

In my mind if someone like this girl I described above (naming no names, but she's certainly very... popular where I live) can enjoy it, it mustn't be very intellectual and it mustn't really get you thinking like a good book should.
But I read it anyway, because I mean, I could I not.
And you know what I know now that I didn't know before now?
It. Was. AMAZING!
It was like an angel sprouted down from heaven, had a million little angel offspring's and mushed them together with chocolate, fairy floss and tooth decay then turned it into a book and that book would be The Fault in Our Stars.
Obviously I had to add in tooth decay, because I mean c'mon, the best character dies! Really John, really?

But now I have a new teen-life crisis I'm facing, devoting to the book - They're turning it into a movie...
WHY?! I'm obviously going to see it, but... What if it sucks and strays from the book entirely? What if it gets even more popularity from illiterate lonely sluts and they ruin it for me? What if I can't reread the book again, because the movie was so bad that it destroyed the book for me as well?
URGH! What if the cast sucks and they don't act like Hazel and Augustus at all?!

Oh the life of an Australian 14 year old is just so difficult, isn't it?

Anyway that was my little (Shut up, you went unbelievably overboard on such a simple topic) rant about the Fault in Our Stars... And I guess, by extension, annoying teenage girls in tight, tiny clothing.

Love to bits and back,
        Everything and Anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment